Building and supply timber and steel sheds

lonelyplanet

Hi,
I have recently received a few request to build wooden and steel sheds and have built a few for friends.

Anyway thinking of doing it on a larger scale but wondering are there insurance issues if I erect these sheds on customer premises.

Firstly I presume I will need some sort of public liability insurance for working on customer site, garden ....and secondly wondering if I need some insurance/warranty for the building... I am not thinking of building dodgy sheds but want to ensure that I understand the insurance requirements before going any further with this venture.

THanks
lonelyplanet

yes you need public liability, you will also need employers liability if you have anyone emplyed and you will need products liability in case of the product you are manufacturing causing any damage to a personor property.

A warranty/guarantee for the building is something you offer in respect to showing and confirming a level the quality of your product. If your product was to be faulty and needed replacing I am not aware of insurance for this but i am sure it is available.

thanks kkelliher for your post. As regards the product liability I am wondering if this is something one would need for erecting a shed, playhouse etc...I understand that one would need something if a person got injured but does a builder need tihs insurance if they arrive on site and build a concrete shed ??

thanks for your answer..much appreciated...

Back