Bridesmaids Gifts

abbie

Has anyone any ideas on what gift(s) to get my bridesmaids on my wedding day?

Hi Abbie,

Im in the same situation and pretty much have the same question! Its such a waste of money though isnt it, honest to God after hair and dresses to be buying presents.

Anyway, do you have 1 bridesmaid or many? What is your budget? If you want to get something nice in the way of jewellery but dont want to spend a fortune fortune you could get them something from swaroski (spelling?) I think they have them in BTs, but they do lovely christal pieces.
Alternatively you could get them a spa day somewhere (powerscourt springs) to wind down while you are on honeymoon.

I was bridesmaid recently and I pleaded with the bride not to get me anything but it fell on deaf ears in the end she paid for my accomadation that night in the hotel, I thought that was a nice gift and good for someone who might be a bit fussy about what they wear jewellery wise etc.

That said I only have one bridemaid, my sister, and she's going to be a nightmare to buy for.

hope that helps,
good luck
cas

Gosh, never knew you add to buy a present for the bridesmaid !!! Mine done without it , being not Irish, I did not know all the traditions.

Its a terrible moneyspinning tradition Samantha. As I mentioned in my previous post when I was bridesmaid I pleaded with the bride not to bother with a present but she felt under pressure and said that either way she would be getting me one. Its totally getting out of hand with gifts for parents (ok fair enough, you cant be grudge the mammy anything), for your future husband/wife, bridesmaids, money for the alter boys, sacristan etc.

Hey girls

I got mine a Newbridge watch for €60. She was delighted with it. They have lovely bracelets too for about €40.

The Swarovski stuff in BT is quite expensive... try e-bay for jewellery. I got my own jewellery from [broken link removed] She uses swarovski crystals and will customise her designs. A pleasure to deal with and a really prompt service

Or if you haven't found it already www.weddingsonline.ie have a great forum for all things wedding related...but be warned its quite addictive:D

Back