Break in wages for 2009

sinbadsailor

Hi,

My company had reduced income in part of 2009 where no wages were paid out for a few months. During this time the single company director lodged personal funds to Company to continue cashflow.

My question is, now at the end of the year when it comes to preparing P35, would the company director be seen as unemployed for that period, i,e laid of temporarility as no wages were paid, and how this would affect PAYE and PRSI calcs/refunds etc for that director/employee for 2009.

I know that the company loans can be paid back when the company can afford it in the future.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Hi,

My company had reduced income in part of 2009 where no wages were paid out for a few months. During this time the single company director lodged personal funds to Company to continue cashflow.

My question is, now at the end of the year when it comes to preparing P35, would the company director be seen as unemployed for that period, i,e laid of temporarility as no wages were paid, and how this would affect PAYE and PRSI calcs/refunds etc for that director/employee for 2009.

I know that the company loans can be paid back when the company can afford it in the future.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

I would not see him as unemployed/laid off

Doing P35 you could use the 52 weeks tax credits/bands as normal and spread thae salary for the 52 weeks

Back