boston on the weekend on your own

casiopea

Hi Folks,
Anyone have any recommendations for things to do/see/shop in Boston at the weekend.
thanks
cas

Faneueil (sp?) Hall is an absolute must. I was only in Boston once for three days but we went back there everyday for lunch. And there's a cookie place there too, think it's called the Boston Cookie Company or the Real Boston Cookie Company or something similar and the cookies were absolutely fantastic (I was there in 1999 so don't know if they'd still be there). Otherwise we did the little red bus/train hop-on hop-off tour and found it very amusing and informative. Never made it out to see Harvard but that might be nice.

I'd recommend the science museum. I was there for hours last year and still didn't get to see it all.

Harvard University is worth a couple of hours - just a short journey on the T (their metro system).

You'll have a great time, walk the Freedom trail which is great for History, or just grab a sandwich and sit in Boston Common watching the world go by.

try and get to the Littlest pub. its within 2 mins walk of Filenes Basement/Downtown area. Its licensed pub for 18 people I think. Its well worth a look. One cummunal jacks that used have the pay phone in it as well!

Try to get drunk before you have to use the bathroom in the Littlest pub - otherwise it's just too disgusting!

Theres a great pub called Sarsfields in Quincy - you'll think you're in Drogheda - bucketloads of Drogs in there doing exactly what they'd be doing at home, if they were able to get home that is... Also, South Boston has a couple of great pubs also - one (cant remember the name sorry but owned by two chaps from Drogheda and Clogherhead) has fantastic food - really really nice - once again, South Boston full of Drogs so if you meet any, they can help you out. Also check out the Roisin Dubh beside the aquarium - the salads are TO DIE FOR!

Back