BOI Travel Insurance

Cervelo

I have a "Platinum Advantage Credit Card" which comes with travel insurance and Bank of Ireland have written to me, informing me of a change of underwriters from AIG Ireland to Chubb Insurance Ireland
While reading through the policy documents I noticed something that I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly and has me a little confused

The old policy stated "cover applies for an unlimited number of insured journeys with up to 90 days cover on any one insured journey

The new policy is for unlimited travel with the duration of any single trip not to exceed 90 days and the policy holder has to be a permanent resident of Ireland
But their definition of a "permanent resident" is "Resident in the first instance for at least three months and thereafter for forty weeks each year"

So does that now mean it's not "unlimited" travel insurance but is now limited to 90 days of travel insurance in a year??

A few days or weeks holidays here and there doesn't change your residency status.

Be very careful of the small print on "free" or almost free travel insurance. You will invariably find that preexisting medical conditions are excluded. So if, eg, you have a coronary event while travelling, but you're already on medication for high blood pressure, your claim will be denied.

Back