BMI better value than AerLingus

soc

For any of you folk who automatically just log into Aerlingus for flights, when going abroad... think again! BMI is cheaper and better value!

I had to go to London, at short notice, the other day. I checked out Aerlingus, and it would cost me €200 (including taxes, etc). I decided to have a glance at BMI, and managed to bag a ticket for pretty much the same times, for half the price! (€91)...

The price quoted from each airline for my return leg of the journey, shows how big a diff the prices were:
Aerlingus = €129
BMI = €9

Now, if I had flown with Aerlingus, I would have just got a seat - and that's it. BUT not with BMI! They actually serve munchies to you!

I'm sorry but if AerLingus is supposed to be a budget airline now... how come I can get a flight + some munchies + excellent service from BMI for less than half the price??

Interestingly 2 known singers chose to join my BMI flight back to Dublin... €9 for a seat (excl. taxes, etc) is an offer you just can't refuse...

-soc

Vanilla said:
So who were the singers?

They're not THAT famous... hence my reason for referring to them as KNOWN. But I thought it were interesting to see them flying with BMI considering the price of the ticket

It was Brian McFadden & Delta.

... maybe Kerry got a good bit of Brian's fortune afterall...

Is it not being optimistic calling Brian Mc Fadden a singer. I can think of plenty of other terms to descibe that individual:rolleyes:

Aer Lingus is good value - but only if you book well in advance.

I'm surprised BMI were offering such good rates at the last minute!
(maybe it was the only way to shift seats with certain known people on board?)

Good old economics - supply & demand!

I have found Aer Lingus to be better value at short (24-36 hours) notice for flights to the UK.

I got a released (presumably cancelled by some other passenger) ticket home from Birmingham on a Friday evening (on a packed plane) recently for €50 or so about 3 hours before it was due to depart.

z

Back