Blocked up bath plughole -- help!

larry1

Having problems with a blocked up bath plughole. Plug is in the centre of the bath ( water must run along a pipe first and then drops down drain pipe ) its constantly being blocked by hairs etc ( yuk! ) I regularly use a plunger but it doesn't seem to do the job properly. Are there any products on the market to clear this problem??

Cheers

larry1 said:
Having problems with a blocked up bath plughole. Plug is in the centre of the bath ( water must run along a pipe first and then drops down drain pipe ) its constantly being blocked by hairs etc ( yuk! ) I regularly use a plunger but it doesn't seem to do the job properly. Are there any products on the market to clear this problem??

Cheers

Caustic soda and warm water. Nothing better.

My kitchen sink was draining slower than usual so I used Caustic soda. Then the bloody thing wouldn't drain at all, so I got the Harpic aerosol can and it cleared it straight away. Be careful though, when I put the can to 'open' I tried to test it! Luckily my husband came in and put it over the sink because I think once you start it, it will not stop.

It also helps to regularly replace the grill cover on the shore below the waste pipe. They are quite cheap and can be bought in Woodies etc.

Mr. Muscle do a drain and pipe cleaner which I've used before, works pretty well in my experience. Just pour half the bottle down the drain and leave overnight, and then run the tap for a couple of minutes the following morning.... job done.

Back