Blacktie Wedding. women

nuttybud

Im invited to blacktie wedding ina castle Aug b/h. Is the difference mainly just that the man has to wear a tux? Does it matter what women wears- just up the bling/glam factor?

What about hat/headpiece-I wouldve thought hats were for family only?

Im ona budget so I was planning to wear a dress I already have & do a good job accessorising. Its plain red, v neck, to knee. My mother doesnt think red is a good colour to wear to a wedding? Ive a beautiful cream & black dress but mostly cream so I cant wear that.

I was talking to 2 oth girls yday both have gone for formal full length dresses. I dont want to look cheap or that I didnt make an effort? Do you think red kneelength is ok or do I need to whip out the dreaded visa?

Even at a black tie wedding, women wear that same variety of knee length and long dresses. No real rules about a hat, its up to you.

Wear what you like, dont be buying a dress that you cant afford when you have a suitable dress already. Those days are long gone.........

Black tie for women is no different really, I went to black tie wedding last year and wore a knee length dress black and silver silk dress. The women's dresses were all same as at any other wedding and not that many headpieces at all. I think the red dress sounds fab to be honest. Besides do you want to look like you're at your debs (formal full length brings back debs memories for me!)

Back