Best place to buy tyres

shaking

I need to get new tyres or my Santa Fe. Any thoughts on where I'd get the best value in south Dublin?

Hello,

I suggest you consider Oponeo.ie if you are happy to purchase the tyres, then get someone to fit them for you. They were very good price wise, for what I was looking for.

Alternatively, I have found Tyreland reasonably good value, for both new and used tyres if you want them fitted as part of the price.

You may also find this website helpful, if you wish to compare different tyres.

Recently used eiretyres.com. Arrived in a few days. Had them fitted locally . e60 (17"). The site gives a list of partner fitters in Ireland.

Hello Fisherman,

Out of interest, how much did you have to pay to get them fitted (and did the fitting include balancing, new valves etc.) ?

I suspect most small garages would be happy to do the work, but it's important to find one that your happy with and trust, needless to say.

Sorry , missed a word from my last post re fitting price... Euro60 fitted and balanced..... used existing valves..

Sorry , missed a word from my last post re fitting price... Euro60 fitted and balanced..... used existing valves..

Even for four tyres, that sounds a little expensive. I would have expected something closer to €10 a tyre to be honest. Having said that, I just checked a few indication quotes and they seem to be averaging €12 per tyre in a few north Dublin city locations.

Anyway, thank you for the response (I was just a little curious).

Was handy for me ... and he did dispose of the old tyres too... I had a cheaper guy but he could only do up to 16" tyres on his machine

Hello,

I suggest you consider Oponeo.ie if you are happy to purchase the tyres, then get someone to fit them for you. They were very good price wise, for what I was looking for.

Alternatively, I have found Tyreland reasonably good value, for both new and used tyres if you want them fitted as part of the price.

You may also find this website helpful, if you wish to compare different tyres.

I've used Oponeo and eiretyres. Oponeo tends to be slightly cheaper. I generally get my tyres fitted with new valves for 15 euros a piece, it still works out cheaper this way.Also you have a larger choice of tyre to choose from instead of some of the rubbish ditch finder brands you find in some tyre fitters..

On the oponeo website they are approx €50 each add 15 each to get them fitted and your not much better off than if you had just gone to a garage and bought stright away instead of website....unless im missing something?

where in dublin is cheapest place to get a new tyre fitted?

.... add 15 each to get them fitted....where in dublin is cheapest place to get a new tyre fitted?

I'd respectfully suggest that you will get them done for €10 each, by some independent "back street" garages etc. Do a little research near where you live, but stay away from places with fancy advertising, expensive premises etc.

When you say you got them balanced and fitted for €60, am I to assume you mean the very basic balancing?

Back