best bank for start-up business? I want a online servive

pennyboy1001

Hi All,
What bank would you recommend?. I bank privately with AIB and happy enough with online services. For my new business I dont like their yearly 200E fee for online business banking.
Bank of Scotland seems ok, any opinions or experience?
Penny

I opened up a Business Account with Ulster Bank last September and so far I am very pleased. Free online banking for 3 years among others offers. A saving of €720 overall. The offer for fre online banking is still available to start-ups according to their website.

I use Bank of Scotland for my business banking. It's free (not time limited) and meets all my needs (write small number of cheques, I can make lodgements in any Halifax branch, numerous EFT transactions). I would have no problem recommending them.

Not an answer really, but is there anywhere that does a "best buy" table for a basic small business package? e.g. overdraft of EUR25,000 a business credit card, and a package of say 100 transactions per month, cash lodgements once a week etc...?

I also agree with the comment of online - online means time saved from going to the branch and queuing. but unless this D**n country gets itself weaned off cheques, then we'll all still have to trot off to the local branch at least a few times a week. Is it any wonder that the papers talk of the hundreds of millions wasted annually because of our love affair with cheques and drafts..

I have been a happy customer of AIB online banking since the start. But the upgrade about 6 months ago has made it unusable, so I would avoid them.

Brendan

The bank of ireland business online site is one of the worst and most infuriating sites I have ever had to use, rubbish. The personal banking 365online is ok but you cant send abroad...

I use bank of Ireland business online and don't have any issues it. I guess it depends on what you expect from it. At the end, I only check the balance and make some transactions so works fine enough for me.

By the way, at the moment is free for 2 years. That is what I got it.

Back