Best area to bring a young family up - Clondalking, Finglas, Blanchardstown

Sean1888

I'm currently living in Sallynoggin with a relative but can't afford to buy there, Budget is circa 185000.

I have a 3 year old and myself and my wife would like to have another child or two but would like to bring them up in a nice, safe area.

Originally I grew up in Loughlinstown so I'm use to a bit of a rough area but would not want my kids to grow up the same way.

As a consequence the only way I know any of these areas is through playing football about 18 years ago, so they would have changed dramtically.

Also open to Ballyfermot, Swords and Crumlin/Drimnagh

Thanks in advance

Hi Sean, I can only tell you about my experience of Clondalkin. Im born and bread and chose to move back with my two young kids. Its a lovely area with a nice village, and brilliant amenities. There are not so good areas of course and with your budget you would be looking at places around the Grange View/ Westbourne areas which is in Bawnogue. I don't know too much about those areas but from what ive heard theyre not the worst and out of the two Westbourne would be nearer to bus routes and walking distance to shops etc. The only thing that I would be concerned about is the catchment area for the kids schools, the primary school up at Deansrath hasn't a great rep as I was talking to a a teacher friend of mine recently, whereas the school at Clonburris is a great little school. Hope you find a place to call home soon.

Thanks for the reply Ruthie, its a great help and a good reference point to start looking. The schools issue will be a key factor and the little heads up about clonburris is golden.

Thanks

Sean

Back