Best air pods , when jogging

Chewbacca

Hi

Have an iPhone Xs, apparently that's ancient. Want to get Air pods and am also looking at using whilst jogging. Any recommendations? I think Apples own are expensive , I dont mind buying refurbed on ebay which is how I generally buy phones, but will they stay in if running?

Also , a dumb question if using these do they have inbuilt microphones so I can have a phone call if my phone is in my pocket for example.

Apples own ones work best with the iPhone albeit they are expensive, yes they have microphone built in.

I find Sony in ear not a great fit and keep falling out. Bose are my preference for music sound quality. Most have built in mics and there are lots of option JBL, JABRA, Samsung, Huawei all do in ear buds its a question of price and preference. I am not an IPhone user but have borrowed my kids Apple Air Pods and much as apple annoy me I found the fit better even than my beloved Bose ones. The tracking of them is a handy option with the find my app. You also need to consider if you want the noise cancelling functionality and if it is worth paying extra for it for you. It is really how long is a piece of string and different people prefer different types of ear buds and headphones. We have a a lot of different ones in my house with 3 adult kids and the air pods stand out as being reliable and well rated. I have bose quiet comfort in ear ones and they are my pride and joy. If you are buying used/reconditioned and you can replace the silicone parts of apple ones ensure they have been fully removed from the sellers account and are not stollen.

I jog a fair bit (3K+ per year) and use the apple AirPods with an iPhone. They have never fallen out!..But I suppose it does depend a bit on the size of your ear.. The "find my" function is invaluable when I leave them somewhere silly in the house and can't find them..I can receive or Make phone calls or texts while running as well as stuff like adding things to my todo list or playing particular podcasts or music. They cost a bit but I generally get 3 years or more out of a pair before battery life becomes an issue so overall I reckon its not bad value.

I'd go with Realme Buds Air. Very resonably priced (circa €30) and do the job. With Apple your just paying for the marketing and the brand when in reality they are no better than a €30 Chinese quality brand.

If you have an iPhone, the above links may help your choice of AirPod.

Hi

Have an iPhone Xs, apparently that's ancient. ... I think Apples own are expensive , I dont mind buying refurbed on ebay which is how I generally buy phones, but will they stay in if running?
As AirPods are wireless, you don't have to worry about physical connections changing. Once you keep iOS on your iPhone up-to-date, you shouldn't have problems.

Why not try Apples's clearance section in their shop for re-furbed items (all silcone in-ear bits changed) as an alternative to 3rd party sites?

You get a choice of S, M, L or XL buds with AirPods, new or refurbed.

Last edited:
I'd go with Realme Buds Air. Very resonably priced (circa €30) and do the job. With Apple your just paying for the marketing and the brand when in reality they are no better than a €30 Chinese quality brand.
I don't have an iPhone so don't know much about Apple stuff and such like but when I read the above comment
I was like "Yeah right pull the other one while you're at it"
But having gone on the website and reading a good few independent reviews they really do seem like a good set of cheap alternatives
Although not perfect, for a fraction of the price of the Apple ones I think there worth a gamble

I've tried a fair few different wireless earphones and I like the airpods 2nd generation (the in ear piece are the exact same as the wire ones). They won't fall out of your ear. If you sweat a lot, be careful of getting moister in them as it will damage the microphone.

I have found the cheaper ones have inferior sound quality compared to the more expensive types of wireless ones and less features.

But definitely the airpods are worth the money to me.

Back