Benalmadena

WaterWater

Hi, I managed to get a €20 air fare to Malaga in November for a short 4 day break.
I am thinking about going to Benalmadena. I have had a look at the various hotel websites and I have two questions relating to this. Firstly has anyone used the website [broken link removed] and secondly I would be interested in hearing some first hand recommendations for hotels in the area.

Thanks

WW

Can i ask where you got the €20 air fare to malaga? Travel there now & again, never seen a fare that cheap.

Hi WaterWater,

Might recommend you spend at least 1 of your days in Malaga itself. I think it's a nice city (was there in September 2004), there's lots to see and do but I don't know what it's like in winter time.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay there, I'd recommend the AC Malaga Hotel (http://www.achotelmalagapalacio.com/) or if you'd rather go even more up-market, check out the Hotel Larios (http://www.hotel-larios.com/larios.flash/hotel.h.html). Both hotels are right in the centre of Malaga, close to the shops, night life, etc.

Another option is to stay in the Parador - a beautiful place above Malaga from where you can view the city. It was too expensive for us during the summer but may be more manageable in winter - check it out here: [broken link removed]

Picasso was born in Malaga - so a great museum and you can even visit his old family home. There's also a really great market there - similar to the famous one off the Ramblas in Barcelona and I'd recommend a visit even to check out the scary fish!

Sorry to go on, I had such a great time there last year it made me sad to think most people believe Malaga is just somehwere you fly to/from on the way somewhere else.

Enjoy your time in Spain.

CMCR thanks for the info. I had a look at the links and yes the city of Malaga looks interesting in itself. The hotel Larios looked reasonably priced. Can I ask how far is the airport from the city? and is access easy? I have enjoyed many a package holiday in Spain over the years but I am getting a kick out of organising my own travel and accommodation myself. This website and its contributors is always very helpful.
Mourinho, got the flights with Aer Lingus. I was lucky enough to click on the first day of their sale.

Can I ask how far is the airport from the city? and is access easy?

Airport is about 10 kilometres west of the city and access is easy. There's usually a shed load of taxis waiting outside arrivals in Malaga airport and there's also a bus service ( number 19 ) from the airport to the city on the half hour between 07.00 and 24.00.

Back