Baxi Duo Tec Combi 33 HE (Water Flow & Temperature Probs)

gerryp2000

I thought I’d put a post on here as I haven’t a bogs notion about boilers / plumbing.
So forgive the naivety!!!

Moved into a 4 bed semi-d with one of the above gas boilers installed.

The boiler is connected straight onto the incoming water mains, therefore there’s no tank in either the attic or airing press -
The previous owner of the house said:
"We removed both tanks when we installed the boiler.
A boiler like this needs more pressure than a water tank can provide, especially since it can consume more water than fits in the tank.
So it uses water straight from the mains.
This was only possible because the water pressure in the estate is very good.

We are having some issues with the flow of water and temperature ;

· Bathroom :​

Bath has a typical combination bath/shower wall mixer.
With three young kids this isn’t ideal as it’s constantly scorching hot to touch.
Is there a combination bath/shower wall mixer that doesn’t allow this to happen??​

· En-suite shower (picture inserted);​

While having a shower, sometimes the water completely turns off.
After a few minutes it starts to flow again.
We have noticed that there is water flowing from all upstairs taps and into the cisterns at the same time the water stops flowing from the shower.​

Is there something wrong with the boiler or is the shower not suited to be used with our boiler??

By googling combi boilers and water flow problems, someone suggests replacing
a wall mixer with a high pressure thermostatic type:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/combi-condensing-boiler-and-my-shower-t17103.html

I understand it’s difficult to assess these problems without seeing them but maybe someone could provide me with pointers / advice as my plan is to put a job up on tradesmen.ie and before I do, I’d like to have some idea as to what the blazes the experts might potentially suggest the problems are down to.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    156.8 KB · Views: 165
Back