Bathroom re vamp - extension

deco87

Hi
I have a bathroom guy replacing a bath and revamping a bath room -

After he left , final “ clean & seal” as he described it , I discover that there was a small chip in the new bath , it was a lovely job , ( so it seemed) seemed very small and not enough to leak ….i decided to say nothing as the job went way over time , I was glad to have it done .. get my house tidy ,.
Next day , I had water running along the walls / downstairs , (after tiles removed ….from side of bath) He had failed to secure the waste pipe (overflow) sufficiently, therefore caused the leaks ….
The bath side has to be re tiled, after his initial “repairs” I now discover water leaking along the waste pipe(overflow) again - after “ stress testing” it by running the cold water from the tap mixer at half strength into the waste outlet , bath side. My query is am I being unfair , looking for a new bath , or is it acceptable after an expensive refit ( just replaced like with like - very little plumbing ) to be left with a repaired chip , and hoping that the water outlet will do ? It’s heading for a month - it’s very stressful and most unsatisfactory- I am sorry I got this job done - have absolutely no confidence in the job at all , thks , D

Last edited:
If it’s a fiber glass bath the chip can be repaired.
He should come back too sort out all issues and stand by his work.
How plumbers would normally test the waste is by throwing a few buckets of water down the waste but in the case of baths,you’d normally fill them up all the way too the overflow and test it too.once completely full you’d test the waste under a full bath,so the waste side should be 100% sealed and completely dry.

You are not been unfair,you deserve a job done correctly and on time.

If it’s a fiber glass bath the chip can be repaired.
He should come back too sort out all issues and stand by his work.
How plumbers would normally test the waste is by throwing a few buckets of water down the waste but in the case of baths,you’d normally fill them up all the way too the overflow and test it too.once completely full you’d test the waste under a full bath,so the waste side should be 100% sealed and completely dry.

You are not been unfair,you deserve a job done correctly and on time.
Thanks a mill , it’s the outlet waste where the plug usually hangs from …I put the mixer tap , on half way on cold water , removed the shower hose - I would have thought that the outlet would be able to take that bit of pressure with out hose dripping - continually , thanks for quick reply .

Thanks a mill , it’s the outlet waste where the plug usually hangs from …I put the mixer tap , on half way on cold water , removed the shower hose - I would have thought that the outlet would be able to take that bit of pressure with out hose dripping - continually , thanks for quick reply .
The outlet when the plug usually hangs from is the over flow pipe which is at the top of the bath.
There normally push on fittings but most installers would usually use silicone or tec 7 on them too seal them up.

Back