Barbados apartment is filthy - any comeback?

Tara10

Hi all
Hoping you can advise.
We booked a property with Booking.com and arrived the place was filthy..
There was maggots in the kitchen hall toilet.. and ants the toilet was dirty the bathroom taps coming from.the Wall the basin loose from.the wall the Fire alarm not working musty smell unusable pots and pans hot handles sticking.. complained to the hosts said we'd " put the maggots there " they refused a refund so we'd to head out to buy cleaning stuff to clean the kip.. we took photos and videos also.. deplorable

We took out insurance with multi trip..
Have been in contact with Booking.com and multi trip.. see of they cab do something
We've another 2 weeks here in this kip as we can't afford to pay for another propert.
Would like to know if we've a case ...
Thank you

You need to take this up with booking.com as your contract is with them. Did you use your phone to take photos? These often come with time and date stamps as proof of when you took the photos. Given the hosts response I would avoid contacting them again.

You need to seek escalation. As you cannot afford to get alternative accomodation the best you can do is keep contacting booking.com as well as multi trip on a daily basis. Photograph and document everything. Make sure all conversations contact with hosts are recorded/by email.

Brilliant that's great.
Yep we have the dates times etc receipts of the cleaning materials we'd to buy also..
Booking.com.are hard work but we'll keep at it.

Thank you very very much for the quick reply

Brilliant that's great.
Yep we have the dates times etc receipts of the cleaning materials we'd to buy also..
Booking.com.are hard work but we'll keep at it.

Thank you very very much for the quick reply
You should have a very good case. It sounds like a health hazard too. As the fire alarm is not working then it is not safe either. Keep on to them , Booking .com and as rustbucket said, your contract is with them..
I hope it gets sorted for you .........good luck.

Thank you very very much.
Fingers crossed its absolutely Deplorable can't even cook the pots pans in rag order...
I will keep at them I have called but unable to get through from here so gave them my number,
Thanks a million again for your reply
I'll let ye know how we get on....

If you are Irish contact the CCPC and notify your insurance provider too. Kick up a fuss and record everything. Good luck

Make sure you put a clear review on Booking.com as well to prevent others from having the same experience

Booking dot com is purely a booking engine. They take zero responsibility for any issues.

Your actual contract is with the seller of the room. Usually that's the hotel but is can be a room reseller like Hotels dot com (they bulk buy rooms and resell)

All is detailed in the terms and conditions booking dot com have which gives them phenomenal protection (I'd never use them)

The possible route is to look at a charge back with the credit card, but my guess is it's probably best to take defeat and just leave a poor review

Hi Folks
Update on my trip.

Got home and had a great chat with Booking.com. I told them everything and they where great and said we are unable to refund you as you'd paid cash BUT we'll give you €600 off any hotels you book!! Plus sent me a review form to fill in about the kip and I did!!! So they put it on their site which I was very happy with plus are going to investigate and hopefully take it off their booking site!! So I'm happy with that outcome..

Thank you all very much again..

Back