bar in need of help

Hi,

In the first instance, a good pint at good value is a must. How about offering pints (and perhaps other drinks) at a slightly cheaper price than your competitors - then put signs up, to advertise this ?

Next up, why not try and invite in some promotions from your various suppliers - not to mention, seeking to draw in some of the drink suppliers and products you don't supply at present, then get a bit of local publicity for some decent events (offer them Thursday / Sunday evenings, as I imagine they are you two fringe nights, rather than Friday & Saturday which would often be the busiest nights for pubs) ?

Suggestions regarding food, live music, sponsoring a local sports team, inviting various clubs to have meetings and events at your premises are all very good idea also.

Have you ever considered some form of loyalty scheme ? ... I'm not quite sure how this might work, but various retailers offer such schemese these days, with discounts, prizes etc all available for loyal customers. There's got to be something here, to reward your customers and yet, help you get the till ringing I'd expect.

Another thought is late night drinks at the weekend. Can you get a later licence, or even occassional licence to permit you to sell drinks later than your competitors - if so, get it but put signs up making it clear that there's a cover charge after 11.30pm or something, to try and draw in the punters earlier in the evening.

Good luck with your efforts ...

Mr. Earl.

Back