Bankrupt and still getting 'phone calls.

Catastrophe

Hi all, just a query. I'm almost ten months through my bankruptcy however I am still receiving demands either by mail or phone from solicitors working on behalf of my previous creditors.

I've received post most recently from the bank associated with my mortgage, large personal loans and basically the main creditors which I would have assumed should have been made aware of my circumstances initially.

Granted, almost all have been courteous if not surprised and the issue is normally resolved by me offering to forward them copies of my court appearance and other such documentation.

My query is , is this the correct way that bankruptcy works or is the Assignee supposed to make my creditors aware and secondly if I am finished in two months time am I still going to get these calls or letters?
Thanks.

My query is , is this the correct way that bankruptcy works or is the Assignee supposed to make my creditors aware and secondly if I am finished in two months time am I still going to get these calls or letters?
Thanks.

I had a similar issue with one particular creditor continuously contacting me despite being aware of my bankruptcy. I contacted the ISI about it and the sent me back a copy of my adjudication along with a message to send to my creditors. The message is below:

Please find attached, your Order of Adjudication. This confirms your
bankruptcy was awarded by the High Court.
Your are authorised to send any unsecured creditor (or their agent) a copy
of your order and the following statement:

"Dear Sir/Madam

In reference to your recent attempt to contact me regarding my account I
am authorised by the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) to inform you
that I was adjudicated bankrupt by order of the High Court on INSERT DATE.
Please note that as part of my bankruptcy I am prevented from
engaging further with my creditors, it is also an offence for me to make
any agreement or make any payments whatsoever to anyone of my creditors.

I advise you to contact the Bankruptcy Division of the ISI who are
managing my estate and will be able to discuss the matter with you.

Please do not contact me again."

If you get any correspondence from creditors pass them immediately to your ISI contact. they will handle any contact. YOu should not have the stress of dealing with creditors.

Back