Ballintyre: Dublin 16, close to Dundrum.

M

Manvek

Hi,

Just recently put down a booking deposit on a 2 bedroom apartment in Ballintyre. Has anyone else bought here recently or any experiences/info to share?

Thanks

They are gorgeous apartments and really nicely finished.

The management fee of 1700 is a bit steep though especially if it is to follow the trend in new developments of increasing after year 2 once all the units are sold.

Is there something wrong with Ballinteer all of a sudden? I've noticed in a few newspapers that Ballintyre has been referred to as Dundrum or just close to Dundrum without ever mentioning Ballinteer. Ballinteer, D16 is a good address (ok, maybe not as good as Dundrum) but I'm really surprised by the fact that nearly all the articles on Ballintyre say that its in Dundrum when its quite clearly in Ballinteer

southsideboy said:
Is there something wrong with Ballinteer all of a sudden? I've noticed in a few newspapers that Ballintyre has been referred to as Dundrum or just close to Dundrum without ever mentioning Ballinteer. Ballinteer, D16 is a good address (ok, maybe not as good as Dundrum) but I'm really surprised by the fact that nearly all the articles on Ballintyre say that its in Dundrum when its quite clearly in Ballinteer

I didnt realise they were advertising it as Dundrum , it si clearly Ballinteer and I agree with you there are in fact few places better than Ballinteer to live I would say I know the area well myself. Do management fees only apply to houses bought new by the way? Thanks C

The complication between Dundrum and Ballinteer is that what soem people call Ballinteer is actually still addressed as Dundrum. Also be careful with the apartment rules. Check them carefully. I know somebody who bought ahouse in the one of those complexes and was tolde no pets in their house and no washing line in their back garden! Ballinteer is a grand area. With Marley Park, Dundrum Toen Centre and the LUAS so close, I just wish I could afford to buy their

Ballintyre recently won an award for it's development. I live in Ballinteer and am moving to a house in Dundrum. I love both ballinteer and Dundrum, they are great places to live. The apartments you are talking about have a really stylish look about them inside and outside. They are far nicer in appearance than other complexes close by such as southmede and wycham way. They will not date and will always look well. There is no high rise apartment complexes either so I think anything in this estate is a very good investment and will always do well.

colc1 said:
IDo management fees only apply to houses bought new by the way?

No, the management fees apply to the apartments aswell. Usually the apartment fees are higher as they have to cover block insurance and lift maintenance. The figure quoted applies to the apartments.

Back