Award wining restaurant - complaint

There may be a difference if something is a matter of fact/record.

I dunno - just trying to save the OP and AAM some potential hassle.

I'm personally not worried about anything - nothing to do with me.

I can't close the thread either (if you were talking to me there)

There may be a difference if something is a matter of fact/record...

It's not my call, either, but I think that is a sensible position. There is a qualitative difference between "I paid €300 and they never delivered my goods" and "I paid €300 and didn't like the food".

so you can't have a complaint about a particular restaurant on this board?

thats me outta here

RIP

effectively no reviews allowed too, that's a bit sad

i wont be contributing to any of these types of threads then

does that mean that if we find issue with a product of any kind that we cant post, we can only be shiny happy people posting positive things about products and services?

i think moderators need to understand defamation a little better than this

effectively no reviews allowed too, that's a bit sad

i wont be contributing to any of these types of threads then

does that mean that if we find issue with a product of any kind that we cant post, we can only be shiny happy people posting positive things about products and services?

i think moderators need to understand defamation a little better than this

The problem comes with a man being good at his job is reasonably priced he gets work on a regular basis from various customers.

Now you have one of his competitors is useless at his job constantly over charges and does bad work.

Then the bad guy gets onto a board and starts telling lies other the good guy, now if someone started that nonsense with me I'd get straight onto my brief and start down the legal route.

For practically all posters on this site there is no comeback you post what you want say what you want to say and nothing will come back to haunt you, but this is Brendans site and the buck stops with him so when people start legal stuff its Brendan's house is on the line.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=342543&postcount=1

There are countless sites on the internet that host contributor reviews of products & services as experienced by the contributor. I wonder how they avoid the dafamatory laws. I think the answer is in the understanding of what is defamatory, rather than applying rules where someone can only post nice things about specific products and services.

There are countless sites on the internet that host contributor reviews of products & services as experienced by the contributor. I wonder how they avoid the dafamatory laws. I think the answer is in the understanding of what is defamatory, rather than applying rules where someone can only post nice things about specific products and services.

That is true but some of those sites are hosted in the States to avoid any legal problems that might arise.

The big thing is if someone is going to be giving out about a restaurant, a business or an individual it would be nice to have their names and where they live.

Name the business then they should name themselves.

That is true but some of those sites are hosted in the States to avoid any legal problems that might arise.

The big thing is if someone is going to be giving out about a restaurant, a business or an individual it would be nice to have their names and where they live.

Name the business then they should name themselves.

That makes sense alright.

I totally see where you coming from S.L.F however I think it's a bit much to ask someone to name the place they're complaining about, this restaurant in my case, and then put their contact details in. God only knows who I'd have contacting me.

I totally see where you coming from S.L.F however I think it's a bit much to ask someone to name the place they're complaining about, this restaurant in my case, and then put their contact details in. God only knows who I'd have contacting me.

If it's the restaurants legal team asking for your solicitors address then you'd best leave the country.:D

This came up before a girl had a problem with a car she bought she said in a post that anybody who wanted to know the name of the dealership could PM her and she would tell them the name.

I'm not saying you should do this but this is how it was dealt with before.

I think the point is that the website owner has their details, not that they are public

Yes but again what details does Brendan have on 99.99% of people here all he has is an e-mail address that could be anywhere on this earth.

I think these last few posts should be moved to a different forum

Back