Irish Life Health Aviva Comparison - Policy Expires Sept 30 !!!!

gerryp2000

All credit to the long finger, mine is ridiculously long as the policy expires in 2 days !!

My wife & I ( 47 / 41 ) have Aviva Value Focus
3 x kids ( 2 , 6 & 8) Aviva Be Fit 2.1

Existing policy was taken out via a broker.

What plans are out there similar to the above ?? and what's the cheapest plan that will cover
a semi-private room in a public hospital and cover also for the mater private??

I'm having some trouble with my eyes at the moment and may need an operation, so I think I should upgrade my policy.

What would you go for??

Hi gerryp2000,

The plan you are on at the moment has Public hospital cover only. Similar plans at a cheaper price as follows;
Laya Future Protect; price 495pa; public hospital cover only.
Laya Assure Vitality; price 499pa; public hospital cover only.
[broken link removed]

If you upgrade to a plan to include private hospital cover, you will have to wait 2 years before you can use this extra cover, for a pre-existing condition. New conditions are covered straight away. The cheapest plan including public,private and hi-tech hospital cover is as follows;
Laya Flex 500 Explore; price 661pa;
Note; there is an excess of 500 payable for surgery in a private or hi-tech hospital.

Alternative plan is Laya Flex 250 Explore; price 854pa.
Note; there is an excess of 250 payable for surgery or treatment in a private or hi-tech hospital.
[broken link removed]

The best value for children at the moment is also with Laya. You just pay for one child and the rest of the children are free. Details as follows;
Laya Essential Connect Health; price 268 ( pay for one child and the rest are free).
[broken link removed]

Note; this plan has no cover for GP visits which they have at the moment, but the savings made will well make up for this.

You still have 14 days after your renewal date to make up your mind, so no rush.

Regards, Snowyb

Back