Average notice period (and payment to employer if broken)

As a follow question: I have a three month notice period but my employer only has to give me one month. Is this something I could use to say that I should also only need to give one months notice?

Hi Wheeler, I think you need to reread the advice given to me. In essence, no, you can't - if you break it, there's always the chance that new employer will ask old employer what the Notice period was.

As a follow question: I have a three month notice period but my employer only has to give me one month. Is this something I could use to say that I should also only need to give one months notice?
Can you clarify if you are being let go with one months notice or if this is just a question about your contract?

Can you clarify if you are being let go with one months notice or if this is just a question about your contract?
It's a general question. But it has been done - people have been let go with one months notice but the expectations of those same people would have been to give 3 months notice. I want to leave but the three months notice is putting me off trying.

Having a 3 month clause in a contract is generally a sign of seniority.

Any prospective employer should be willing to wait.

Back