Auctioneer - New Career

L

LouthMan

Hi

A mate of mine who is in late 20's is looking to go out on his own to become an Auctioneer. What qualifications does he need if any ? What are the pit falls etc ?
He has worked in sales for the last few years in IT.
Can he just pick an area like Castleknock and start if he wishes ?

Thanks
LM

IAVI have :
[size=-2][/size]

[size=-2]WHAT DO I NEED FOR IAVI MEMBERSHIP?[/size]

[size=-2]Full Membership:
If you intend to apply for full membership of the IAVI, you must satisfy one of the following conditions:[/size]

• [size=-2]
  • have successfully completed a recognised Property Degree course and have at least one year's approved practical experience.
  • have passed all required subjects of the IAVI/DIT BSc (Hons) in Property Studies and have appropriate practical experience.
  • hold a professional qualification recognised by the IAVI and have appropriate practical experience. [/size]
[size=-2]Associate Membership:
Alternatively, you can apply for associate membership of the IAVI. If you opt for this, you must have passed the IAVI 1-year Residential and Land Agency Course. Associate membership is suitable only for those employees who intend to deal solely in residential and land sales and valuations. In reality you should view this course as a first step along the road to full membership via the BSc (Hons) Property Studies Course.[/size]
[size=-2][/size]

Although I've a funny feeling that to become a humble 'auctioneer' just involves a small fee and an application to the courts but I could be wrong.

Back