Attic issue after Positive Input Ventilation unit installed

Annakay

Hi,

I had a Positive Input Ventilation unit installed just over a week ago. There is a humidity issue in my place and this was recommended and installed by a professional.

The smell from the attic of dust and insulation is now flowing throughout the house. It's actually worse than the damp smell I had.
So disappointed with it. So much for fresh filtered air.
Has anyone had an experience like this?
I'm wondering if the insulation is bad and should be replaced.
There is no felt on the roof. There seems to be adequate ventilation.

Hi,

I had a piv unit installed just over a week ago. There is a humidity issue in my place and this was recommended and installed by a professional.
The smell from the attic of dust and insulation is now flowing throughout the house. It's actually worse than the damp smell I had.
So disappointed with it. So much for fresh filtered air.
Has anyone had an experience like this?
I'm wondering if the insulation is bad and should be replaced.
There is no felt on the roof. There seems to be adequate ventilation.
As it is only a week installed, surely your 1st port of call should be the professional who recommended and installed it.
Why was this recommended to you over, for example, a cMEV system? Or were you offered different solutions other than the PIV system? Yes a PIV system is probably cheaper to install but in my book a far inferior solution vs cMEV for ventilation on a number of fronts.

Check that the filters are installed and the correct size. We have a ventilation system in our attic and noticed that the filters that had been installed with the system were half the size they were supposed to be, resulting in effectively no filtration occurring at all.

As it is only a week installed, surely your 1st port of call should be the professional who recommended and installed it.
Why was this recommended to you over, for example, a cMEV system? Or were you offered different solutions other than the PIV system? Yes a PIV system is probably cheaper to install but in my book a far inferior solution vs cMEV for ventilation on a number of fronts.
I just wanted to check if this was something that cleared with time before I rang the company.
Yes, the piv unit was recommended, with extraction fans. Not anything more expensive.
I have rang them and they are coming out to inspect it.
The smell is a little better now. But I'm sure it's not the correct solution because there must be a major lack of ventilation in the attic. Which the surveyor should have noticed. I just hope they don't try to fob me off.
Check that the filters are installed and the correct size. We have a ventilation system in our attic and noticed that the filters that had been installed with the system were half the size they were supposed to be, resulting in effectively no filtration occurring at all.

The filters seem to be the correct size.
I think they should have installed a piv that links to an exterior vent with fresh air instead.

Back