Attic conversion recommendations

Thirsty

Looking for recommendations of firms in Dublin / Greater Dublin area so I can get a few quotes.

So many places agree to call & quote & then just don't turn up. Getting 3 quotes takes longer than the job itself! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that there are important structural and fire safety measures that need to be carried out. Part A and Part B of the Building Regulations.

It's wise to have an engineer on your side with the drawings and inspecting the works as they progress.

One of the companies that never turned up....

sorry I've wronged them... they did reply, but haven't yet come to see the property.

It was another similar crowd who didn't turn up.

Have that one thanks - they will quote on line based on your google street view!

Still need another two.

Have another one coming to quote tomorrow... let's see if this one arrives!

Rory_W did you go with CHI attics? Have you started/not decided?

Got a personal recommendation as well as 2 other quotes.

Went with the personal recommendation and delighted with the result.

Who did you go with? If it's not rude to ask.
Was it an economy conversion or a full value conversion with stairs and certs etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also be grateful to know the ballpark cost without you breaching any privacy concerns. Thinking of getting our attic done and have no idea how much it costs?? Is it 20K, 40K?

It depends on what you're after. If you're not altering the roof line it's unlikely you'll require planning so if it's a standard size house it should be less than 20k (closer to 15k).

A lot depends on size and finishes; but do double check and query your quotes - I got some wild variations.

It was a full conversion with custom made stairs, RSJs, velux windows and ensuite.
Doesnt meet height regs to be considered official 'habitable' room, but fire doors, smoke alarms etc included as well as independent certification.

Thirsty, would you pm me the people who you used for the attic conversion? I’m doing searches trying to find recommendations. Thanks

Thirsty, would you pm me the people who you used for the attic conversion? I’m doing searches trying to find recommendations. Thanks

Note: Due to past abuse, seeking or providing recommendations by PM are not allowed and may lead to a ban.

Oh I wasn’t aware of that “don’t ask about” policy Leo. Pity about the abuse. Is lessens the usefulness of the site. I’ve given recommendations in the past.

The very first post in this forum is”If you are not a Frequent Poster, you can ask for a recommendation”

Back