Assistant practicioner radiographer - opportunities in Ireland

badabing

There is a role for assistant practicioner radiographers in the UK, which allows them to do things like take x-rays of the extremeties etc, which takes the work load off full qualified radiographers there. I know someone who would like to come live in Ireland but is not sure if this role exists here. Does anyone know if there are any opportunities available here for this (if not any related disciplines)?
Thanks

Radiation oncologists practising in Ireland are, (to my knowledge) registered by the Irish Medical Council. I might suggest you get in touch with them for more information regarding this type of post. Contact information in the link above.

In addition, I came across some information regarding the Faculty for Radiologists of Ireland (in the Mater Hospital, Dublin) this evening. This faculty appear to offer offers postgraduate training programmes, exams in radiology, education activities, etc. I am sure they may be able to help or at least advise on the feasibility of work in this area. Contact the Faculty for Radiologists of Ireland here.

I hope this has been of assistance.

CMCR

Back