Ashmount Court- silversprings cork

whackin

Hi all,
My first post, though I've been reading for quite a while. Does anybody know of a development in Silversprings in Cork called Ashmount Court? It seems reasonably priced, though it is quite near a rough spot of Cork (I've been told). The houses themselves seem lovely.
Anyone able to shed further light on this for me?
Thanks!
Whackin!

It's a grand spot. Near Mayfield in Cork, (not exactly the most dangerous place in the world). Very central to the city and easy to get to Mahon point etc.
How much are the houses there going for?

Well they are on the third phase, but a large 3 bed semi from the 2nd phase which was a showhouse got about 305K as far as I know.
Not sure what the finish etc is like but I've heard that it is goo enough.

Hi there, although Ashmount/Silver Springs is near Mayfield it is also near Montenotte (traditionally known as Monte-snotty!!) and Mayfield (like any other former 'rough' spot but v close to town) is coming on a lot.

So basically I think that these houses are good value - that's if they are actual as good as the advert's make them out of course - I haven't seen them. You are near all major road links and on/near a very good bus route (No.8).

But as always, go and have a drive around the area, chat to the local guards etc. etc. and see what you think............

the only thing is i pass there in the evenings on the north ring and it seems desperate to access during peak commuting times. Otherwise its close to Mayfield which as a non-cork person here its not bad at all - Old bad and not much stirring really.
For a city property its good - we are closing in a suburb of Douglas for 30k more and its a 30 year old house (trading extra garage space for "newness") so pricewise you are doing well.
The deveolpment by O'Flynn for 700+in dunkettle estate the other side of dunkettle roundabout seems to be knocked back or on hold so there is the same amount of traffic coming in from that side.
Ied say for Cork thats the best you will get at this point, unless you want to go to Mahon or ballyphehane in the southside for an older house but under the €317. we abandoned it and paid the stamp as we found the properties under 317 in "good" areas are non-exixtant.
Sorry about the ramble - YES its good value!

Before you purchase think 5 years down the line.ie schools etc.
Take a drive around different times of the day and night just to make sure the area is up to scratch.
Glossy brochures sell you a dream living there afterwards is the reality.
Have you tried new housing estate on Maryborough Hill across from Broadale?

D

Diddles - that has not been released yet but it will be 4 bed posh houses and expensive - however there are a regular few in Broadale every so often. (lookin in this area for the past 5 months!) I was warned to stay away from Lissadell as i was told by an EA that they are single cavity walls and cold - thats why they are reasonable in price.
just my 2 cents

Hi Nelly.

I actually live in Maryborough Hill.Heard the same thing about Lissadell as you.
We moved there over 2 years ago and love the area.Looked all over Cork at the time and felt this location was the best- within walking distance of Douglas villages pubs/restaurants etc.
That new housing estate has all different types of houses.2,3,4 beds and apartments as well.The 4 bed detached is less than 1,400 sq ft and is expected to sell for anything between 560k to 580k.

D

We are only looking at the place as a starter home really, we would hope to move on after a few years. We won't be having kids so not too worried about schools, just wanted to know if the area was quiet and whether the homes are as good value as they seem.
thanks for all the advice Folks!

Diddles said:
That new housing estate has all different types of houses.2,3,4 beds and apartments as well.The 4 bed detached is less than 1,400 sq ft and is expected to sell for anything between 560k to 580k.

D

Do you know the builder and/or agent for those?

hi
the ashmount esate is good value..nice house.generous enough inside..my sister lives there and the agent is sherryfitz in cork..the main player in this is a brother of the builer so she gets nearly all their developments..
there is also a good choice of different house types but they are sticklers for the stage payments

Back