Argentina -Buenos Aires

O

OxOxO

I am thinking of heading there in October for a couple of weeks on a relatively cheap flight. Is it worth the long flight just to see Buenos Aires and its surrounding districts. Anyone been there?

Buenos Aires is a pleasant city - reminded me of a somewhat down at heel version of Barcelona/Madrid (the richer districts anyway) .. There's plenty to do there - the shopping is fantastic - prices are really keen now with the devalued Peso. If you like steak you'll love Argentinian food - fabulous Beef at prices that make you wonder how Shanahans on Stephens Green manange to charge so much :)

However if you are going all that distance (~13hr flight from Europe - not much time difference so no jet lag issues but it's still a very long flight) you should explore the rest of the country .. Argentina is fabulous lots to do and see .. Head for the mountains to see some stunning scenery .. if you're there in summer (our winter) go south to Patagonia (october probalby not the best time for this) . Argentina is a vast country with many things to see.. I would for sure go back there for a holiday .. but I wouldn't just go to Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires

Yes, it is worth every penny and every minute. The flight is not so bad. You leave Europe at night and arrive in B. A. the following morning - no jet lag. It is a fantastic city with lots to see and do. You won't get bored.

Argentina is a huge country with plenty of variety and you could easily spend months travelling around. Still, it is worth going all that way just to spend time in Buenos Aires and at the moment your euro will go a long way there.

Back