Apartment required - advice appreciated

Magoo

Along with Mrs and Baby Magoo, I'm planning to go on hols for a week in Mid -September.

We're thinking either Spain, South of France or Italian Riviera but our primary concern is the accomodation. This is our first time travelling with junior (the real boss!)

Ideally, we'd like a nice, quiet apartment with a swimming pool within walking distance of a reasonable choice of resturants. If it's not too far from an airport that serves Dublin, so much the better.

Anyone any thoughts? All advice appreciated.

I was thinking of going to the South of France myself this year, but in the end decided on a package to menorca- its a lot easier, and cheaper. But I have stayed previously close to Menton in the South of France- fly to Nice and drive to Menton- about 30 mins. Check out www.abritel.fr, and www.menton.com Menton is lovely, you could get an apartment a stones throw from the beach- doubt you'll get a swimming pool at this short notice- and theres a lovely food market, and its only 10 mins drive from Monte Carlo, and a short drive to the Italien coast. It has restaurants all along the beach. I couldnt recommend it highly enough- would love to be going back myself.

Try for a range of apartments in and around Sorrento, which is less than an hours drive from Naples airport. Air Lingus fly direct from Dublin to Naples - only drawback is the unearthly hour of the departing flight. If you get an apartment in Sorrento itself, it's not worth hiring a car as everything is within walking distance.

agree with Vanilla - Menton is lovely as is Villefranche and Beaulieu sur Mer - all between Nice and Monte Carlo and a stones throw from Italian border.

Have a watch of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" with Michael Caine and Steve Martin and you'll have a good idea of the beauty of the area.

Buying an apartment in this area is the best thing I've ever done (not for rent by the way!)

Back