Apartment location near shops and good transport links to city centre

Mamamia22

Hi all.
A relative overseas intends to return to Dublin and buy a 2 bed apartment in south Dublin probably Stillorgan/ Booterstown/Donnybrook vicinity. Ideally they want to be within walking distance of grocery shops. Ideally not a huge development and reasonable management fees. A nice park nearby would be a bonus. I’m not good on Dublin geography so would value opinions. Proximity and ease of access to good Dublin secondary schools and TCD/UCD would be ideal. Budget 400-500k. Linden Blackrock was suggested by a friend but not sure if it’s very close to local shops.

Some of these might suit. Mount Merrion is a lovely area. Super Valu is on The Rise and is an ok size. Belfield is nearby and there is a park at the top of North Ave. Other small local shops too.

Mount Anville (girls) and Blackrock (boys) schools are amongst some. UCD is in Belfield. TCD is bus into town but AFAIK they would be plentiful on Stillorgan Rd.

€500,000 might be tight enough for a good complex. Can't comment on management fees.

Using maps.google.ie might help their search.

Yes I’m thinking the budget might have to go a little higher. Thanks for suggestions. Elm Park looks a very large development. Although a good location. Will check out mount Merrion.

Depending on the required schools (single gender or mixed, primary or secondary) Sandymount might be a good bet. Older apartment buildings usually mean more space and less management fees. Fabulous village with a large enough supermarket and several nice restaurants. Also lovely walks on the Strand and walking distance to town and easy to access UCD.

Quality of build in some of the appartment blocks vary so ensure she gets a good engineer report done, especially with a focus on fire prevention in the block and on dampness as well. I've lived in a couple of blocks in Booterstown, one was great, one a bit of a mare.

Is Dundrum an option?, better Luas

Everywhere is getting busier in Dublin, Stillorgan duel carraigeway is like a canyon in places nowadays with all the apartment blocks on it and being built

That's why I mentioned Mount Merrion which is quiet but still has the schools and parks. If there is anywhere that there won't be too much building allowed its there. Still laugh at the non-allowance of election posters there because they have such strong residents' association

Not familiar with Sandymount but it would appear to be a quiet residential area too.

Back