apartment complex: management co not doing their job properly: What to do?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

Hi,

The apartment complex that I live in has a management company that I don't think is doing their job properly.

Can anyone guide me on the how they may have been appointed? As I understand the developer/builder would have originally appointed them but was there a deed of appointment or agreement that they have to live up to that I could inspect?

any advice appreciated!

Re: property mgmt company

Is it an agency -i.e an outside company or is it apartment owners?

Can't resist suggesting you contact Mondo from Carrickstown ( hope you're a Fair City fan)!

sorry I got really confused, the management company has appointed management agents who aren't doing their job. Some of the apartment owners are directors of the mgmt company and aren't happy with the job the managing agend is doing.

hope that helps...

what exactly are they not doing , the management co can terminate the contract for specific non performance.

General unhappiness is not a good enough reason even if it is :)

A friend of mine bought a pre owned apartment in a complex about 18 months ago. Supposedly there are management fees due for refuse collection, grass cutting, lighting in communal area, etc. The last owner paid something like €1000 p/a. So far there's been no response to letters to the management committee asking how much the fees are nor how to pay them. All the services are being provided though. There is no "office" on site and no-one made themselves known to her in any official capacity.
There's no way she wants to be hit for 2 years fees in a wallop. What's the position? What should she do? Presumably she'll still be liable for last year's fees?

Find out who the managing agent is and get in contact with them, they are the ones responsible for collecting fees (and taking a fair cut for themselves...........).

The management committee will have little or nothing to do with fees, but they should have the courtesy to respond to your friend's query, but I don't think they have an obligation to do so.

Back