Anyone bought apt where there were affordable & social housing mixed in together?

Delphi

Has anyone bought an apartment where there were affordable and social housing mixed in together.

Would like to know if anyone has experienced any anti social behavour regards social housing in particular.

Re: Buying apartment

It might be better to ask in 'Locations, Locations, Locations' about a particular area/estate rather than a general question. What if someone has experienced this behaviour - why would/should it influence you if you're purchasing somewhere else?

Hi Delphi

I think it's a good question and we are more effected if buying under affordable housing because we have less control over things.

What area are you thinking of buying in? I might be buying in Parkview/Belarmine where there is a lot of social housing. It's hard to tell what it's like yet as they seem to be filling the affordable blocks first. I know there are two blocks of social already filled. My impression is that the council seem to be giving priority to single mothers, and it seems to be people who have lived locally. I've no problem there.

Personally I wouldn't like to be in the same block as social housing because I think there'd be loads of kids and it could be pretty noisy. I also think that where places aren't owned outright that they're not looked after as well they should be sometimes. You could be living beside someone really lovely in social housing, or you could get unlucky and end up with someone who has major behaviour problems. It is bigger gamble than on the open market.

Hi,

Sorry for not being more specific etc.

Cheeus,

I might be buying an apartment in Herberton in Dublin 8. Not buying on the open market and the affordable apartments are going to be mixed in with the social housing block. I am sure that there are a lot of nice people from all walks of life but I am concerned as I would not be able to afford to buy DCC out and hope to be able to stay living there.

Thanks

Back