Anybody else going through a PIA?

PatrickJ

I don't have mortgage arrears as my loan provider recapitalised them some months ago. I continue to meet my obligations each month, I have a relatively good salary but I've being finding it harder to live each month. I finally plucked up the courage to apply for a PIA. It is currently being put in place.

I'm just wondering how others are finding the process?

Hi Patrick

It will be very interesting to get a diary of your experience. Any chance you could set out the basic facts e.g. assets, liabilities and income?

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

I will put up figures tomorrow.

So far the process was made very easy. It was a relief to handover my documentation to the PIP and it gave me a few moments of clarity and a nights sleep! Something I haven't done in quite some time. Though reading the PIA approval statistics has altered my sleeping pattern slightly! I do not hold out much hope and if I receive a negative response I will be filing for bankruptcy in the UK.

I took on a PIP who was quite courteous and suggested a PIA, but I told him not to bother until I had clarification that bankruptcy term was being reduced - which to date - has not happened.

So basically another 6 months, year (who knows) will go by - until..

A) rent receivers / bankruptcy petition made by bank which will kick off a set of actions radically increasing their loses on property portfolio..
B) and preempting above, bankruptcy by me in Scotland which is essentially done over a 'phonecall (irishbankrupt.com)

..or hopefully a combination of ..

C) my business kicks off, increasing income

- and -

D) house prices keep going up

Thus allowing cap and int. payments to recommence with properties being sold of voluntarily with zero shortfall to pay back..

--------

No one should have their mental health affected over 'debt'..

Just tell the lenders you'll update them on a set schedule (say, every three months) and add their phone numbers to your 'phone's reject list.

Back