Any one ever used a tracker in their car? Worth it?

Adrian1

Hi,

Any one ever used a tracker in their car?
Are they a worth while product or a waste of money and how much should it cost?
Thanks.

Re: Tracker

have one in my car, cost i think!! to install about 1500-2k, cost for annual activaton charge €450, saying on my insurance premium €87 !!!! So economically it's not worth it, just looking at the figures. But if you buy a good one, they can track you car in europe and ring you within 10-15 seconds of the tracker going off. Now most cars (with a tracker) are caught before they have time to strip your car, but it's the damage that gets done to it before they finally stop that's the problem. So it's really a hope that if you let the garda know it's stolen that they don't decide lets have a high speed car chase through city centre and then a few fields!! hope this helps

have one in my car, cost i think!! to install about 1500-2k, cost for annual activaton charge €450, saying on my insurance premium €87 !!!! So economically it's not worth it, just looking at the figures. But if you buy a good one, they can track you car in europe and ring you within 10-15 seconds of the tracker going off. Now most cars (with a tracker) are caught before they have time to strip your car, but it's the damage that gets done to it before they finally stop that's the problem. So it's really a hope that if you let the garda know it's stolen that they don't decide lets have a high speed car chase through city centre and then a few fields!! hope this helps

Mother of God thats expensive !!

It would cost less to claim on your insurance if you could.

You must have a nice car.

thanks for the info tobyl.

Our neighbour's Range Rover Sport was stolen during the night. When they discovered that it was missing, tracker was acivated and the vehicle was found hidden in a shed only 5 miles away. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the cost though.

you can buy text-based trackers cheaper. You can send an SMS to it, and it'll tell you where it is.

Back