any advice on buying new tyres for avensis

homebird

I live in the city and do about 10000 miles per year. Is there much of a difference between tyre brands? I don't mind paying a few euros more for tyres that will last and which are safe. Should I go for all season, winter or summer tyres? I spoke to one outlet which mentioned Dunlop SP01, on eiretyres.com these appear to be summer tyres... thanks

Is there much of a difference between tyre brands?

Should I go for all season, winter or summer tyres?

I would say there is very little difference between brands for the average driver like you and me, as long as you stick to the main brand like Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear, ... and drive like a gentleman rather than a boy racer :mad: (who BTW seem to run on crappy extra wide unknown-brand cheap low profile tyres b'cos they can afford proper ones)

Would be different if you were to drive around Mondello every week-end...

I would go for all season.

Have a look at [broken link removed]www.eiretyres.com - I've found some excellent prices there.

Brand and compind? - 10k p.a. city driving in an Avensis - it'll make little or no difference. Go for a recognised brand at a keen price.

Have a look at www.eiretyres.com - I've found some excellent prices there.

Brand and compind? - 10k p.a. city driving in an Avensis - it'll make little or no difference. Go for a recognised brand at a keen price.

Had a look on this site. Not that cheap. Bought Bridgestones for my car locally, cheaper than they quoted...... and they were fitted and balanced as well!

the car is 2004. Will need the 'fitting and balancing' service. Thanks for your advice.

Back