Amtico and cheaper floor tiles

pingpong

I've spent last 3 weeks researching alternatives to ceramic tiles for our kitchen/ utility, eg Amtico, Polyflor Creation, Karndean, Marmoleum, Expona etc. Has anyone any experience of these?

A supplier in Ennis quoted 38 euro m2 for Polyflor Creation tiles (vat & fitting included), and the final quote came to 2,300 smakeroonies. By my reckoning they built in a 1300 profit. I'd love to name and shame but rules are rules... Whats worse is wasted time - it took 3 weeks to get fitter to come measure and quote. Theyt hink they have me in a corner - is this modern selling?

Anyway back to scratch - Whats Expona like? Is there such thing as a cheap supplier? I'm in Munster.

We have Amtico in the kitchen. Very hard wearing, but very difficult to clean.

Slash, have you your Amtico for longer than 4-5 years? Because they chnaged the finish of these tiles to a universal one now. There is not choice any more so I'm very interested to know when you purchased yours.

pingpong said:
Slash, have you your Amtico for longer than 4-5 years? Because they chnaged the finish of these tiles to a universal one now. There is not choice any more so I'm very interested to know when you purchased yours.

2001, I think.

Back