Allowances for a 3 bed semi detached

CreNaCille

I'm interested in a new 3 bed semi-d.

It's being sold without allowances and needs the following work:

- all floors are bare concrete
- kitchen needs to be tiled
- all bathrooms need to be painted and tiled
- fireplace needed

So I'm just curious as to what the typical allowances are at present.

Oh you mean tiling/flooring/painting allowances?
So the house is finished to shell and core then? As a matter of interest is there any reason why you are getting the house in this way? The reason why I ask is that most new developments I know of are being sold with interior design, white goods, kitchens the whole lot - as an incentive to the purchaser. Normally the developer just factors them in nowadays and gives a choice of 5 finishes - not allowances anymore as far as I know.

Oh you mean tiling/flooring/painting allowances?
So the house is finished to shell and core then? As a matter of interest is there any reason why you are getting the house in this way? The reason why I ask is that most new developments I know of are being sold with interior design, white goods, kitchens the whole lot - as an incentive to the purchaser. Normally the developer just factors them in nowadays and gives a choice of 5 finishes - not allowances anymore as far as I know.

I don't honestly know. I will ask the estate agent tomorrow. But the house is as you describe - no tiling or flooring. Most rooms are painted. And the kitchen and bathroom fixtures (toilets, sinks, ensuites, showers) are in place. But no "white goods".

Is this weird?

I'm not sure you would want to check with the estate agent. When I bought my own home 5 years ago now I got no white goods but a voucher towards them, and parts of the bathroom were tiled (around the bath and above the sink), along with the splashback in the kitchen. No flooring anywhere though and all the walls were painted magnolia.

I was under the impression that with the slowdown in the new homes market that developers were prepared to offer sweeteners to attract purchasers - such is the case in my neck of the woods. "Belmayne" being the first example that springs to mind.

I bought a 3 bed semi 4 years ago and like you say , it came just bare with the walls painted, didnt get any allowances either, i think it depends on the developer although nowadays I thought tiles at least would have been included but as i said think it depends on the developer. My developer was Albaney Homes.

It depends very much on the developer but apts are far more likely to come with tiles/ white goods etc. The finish you speak of was very much standard when I was purchasing approx 1.5 yrs ago.

No tiles, bare floors, no shower door in the en suite etc, etc. We did get a tile voucher but it was a pittance compared to the cost of the actual tiles.

It does seem normal to me, however there are some developers out there using 'finishes' as an extra incentive to the buyer. Id rather but my own white goods for durability , but tiling etc would be a very attractive incentive

I bought an apartment last year and basically all I got was the shell aswell. No white goods, tiling etc included.

My house 4 years ago came with kitchen and bathrooms fully tiled (floor and walls); integrated white goods; and choice of kitchens

Back