All Cork Driveways

Had a visit from these guys today. Have never heard of them so was a bit wary. They seem to be based in Castlemartyr.

Had a visit from these guys today. Have never heard of them so was a bit wary. They seem to be based in Castlemartyr.
Did you go looking for them or did they go looking for you. Usally good trades people dont go around knocking at doors looking for work so my advise is keep them out side front gate.

No, they just turned up. Gave the usual spiel of doing work for guy in a nearby area.
Would never entertain people who would turn up out of the blue in any case but there's always someone who would unfortunately.

I'd never trust any company who just pops in because they're doing work in the area. This is an approach taken by the less reliable companies, and as a result, the better ones tend to avoid the technique. The better ones also usually don't need to as they'll be kept busy through word of mouth referrals.

Even where dealing with a reputable company, you've no guarantee that the people calling to the door are related to them, or trying it on with someone else's good name.

Did you go looking for them or did they go looking for you. Usally good trades people dont go around knocking at doors looking for work so my advise is keep them out side front gate.
Saw the same guys doing a job for one of the houses down the road..

I was thinking of using these guys for a job. Anyone used them or heard anything about them?

The address raises a warning flag, just "Main Street, Castlemartyr". That's not very useful, is it?

It could be real, maybe it's a typo. I don't know. But worst case they're making up an address to reassure people who've yet to know the pain of dealing with dodgy tradesmen.

In any case a read of this thread would be a good place to start if you're considering getting this sort of work done, especially if you're taking the risk of hiring a cold caller.

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/ace-paving.196704/

Thanks for the reply, yeah I think I won’t go with them. Anyone got any recommendations in the Cork area.

There really is only one street in Castlemartyr, though. And like recycling, hi-Vis, etc., EirCodes won’t catch on ‘til the next generation by the looks of it.

Back