Alarm installation

Jeffpa

Has anyone had any dealings it's Securiguard Alarms have gotten a few quotes from different places and just trying to decide. Nothing fancy just an intruder alarm the prices seem to vary massively. Anyone any recommendations?

Thanks a mill

I have two alarms from them and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Be sure you get wireless sensors.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages but I feel that wireless are more secure. Once they detect movement the alarm goes off. I have heard stories of burglars removing windows with the sensor attached and the alarm not going off. Wireless sensors give more flexibility, are easier to move but you need to replace the batteries every couple of years.

Actually, the motion sensing technology inside both is the same. Manufacturers use the same sensors for both. So a good wired detector will be as sensitive as a wireless one. The lesser wireless sensors will be worse as battery life concerns can result in compromises in the design.

The wired sensors will actually signal the panel instantly, there will be a delay with wireless, but they'll still respond within a second or two.

Where burglars remove widows, they generally remove the pane or double glazed unit. Neither a wired nor a wireless contact sensor will detect this. I've never heard of a full window frame being removed, but only a wired sensor would pick that up as the wired option contains a tamper loop that will trigger the alarm once disrupted.

I have both wired and wireless alarms and find I have to change batteries in the wireless ones very often.
On balance I will go for wired in futur

Back