Airport check-in / Bag-drop

Gordon Gekko

If we've checked-in online, can I do the bag-drop on my own for my wife and I?

Basically, if I'm checking-in her bag and my bag, does she have to queue at the desk with me?

Many thanks.

You can do it on your own. Your wife doesn't need to be there. They actually encourage only one person per family/group to queue.

Guess it depends then on who is at the desk, I tried last week to drop our bag whilst my partner was seeking for a parking place, and I had to wait for him to be there physically, hence my previous reply.

It must depend then, because my wife had no problem in Cork Airport with AerLingus dropping both bags when I went to park the car. She had both passports and boarding passes with her.

We have different names. All passports and tickets need to be provided though. Not sure why you weren't allowed to do it. You obviously had some clueless person. Have done this numerous times in Dublin for my partner and child.

We have different names as well - makes the weekends away, booking into the hotel, so much more fun ;)

The fact they even call it a bag drop is a load of crap! American airports do true bag drops. This is just another check in!!

Back