AIB Alpha Japan investment

Discussion in 'Financial campaigns and consultations' started by ABank, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

I was advised by AIB to borrow in Yen to invest in this fund. It turns out that it is a Euro investment so my currency losses are huge (not to mention the investment losses). I know that many AIB staff have also borrowed in Yen so I am wondering will some private deal be done to cover their exchange losses. I would love to know if any of you were familiar with this fund launced in 2007.

2. Dodgy banker

Dodgy banker New Member

Dodgy

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to yourself I only became aware of the extent of the losses in November to my complete shock as I understood that the loan I took out in euros then was converted to yen in 2007 had to be paid back in euros in April this year , I think there is a number of people realising that they are in the same boat . Any developments since you posted this thread ...thanks

3. postman pat

postman pat Frequent Poster

There is a solicitor in Cork preparing a file with the view to see if these investments were missold or not,around 30 people have contacted him already,if anyone here wants his contact details i can pm them.

Pat

4. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

Thanks Pat, Yes, I am aware that my legal options will be restricted which is why I am anxious to find out as much as I can about the ombudsman process. The option of paying large legal fees does not appeal to me either, a crystal ball would come in handy!

5. The Listner

The Listner Guest

Hi Pat, I am new to this also and also want pm of that solicitors contact details. Can you tell me how I get your pm please.

Regards,
    The Listner

6. Alpha John

Alpha John Guest

Hi Postman Pat,
    Please send me the solicitor's details.
    Regards,
    AJ

7. Dodgy banker

Dodgy banker New Member

Hi postman pat,I'm having probs with registration but u can email me thru this site ,I just tried a test run !! Really appreciate it , cheers

8. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

Why have you decided not to go to the ombudsman?. As far as I know the solicitor can not take a case until 2015 when the fund is due to mature. As AIB will certainly extend the closing date beyond 2015 the solicitor can not take an action until the fund matures and losses are 'realised' which could be 2020.

9. postman pat

postman pat Frequent Poster

I would rather not give out the solicitors name on public forum as i do not have permission to do so,i think i have done my best to explain all this in other posts,so if i can pm anybody i wil.

regards Pat

10. Dodgy banker

Dodgy banker New Member

Hi pat ,appreciate your help,can't pm message you so I set up this email for the details , dodgybanker@yahoo.com thanks very much

11. Dodgy banker

Dodgy banker New Member

Hi ABank. I have been contacted by email dont know was that you. Anyway I met with a solicitors firm who are dealing with around 25 cases of this fund so it's a waiting game now to see what happens. Any developments with FSO with anyone ..

12. The Listner

The Listner Guest

13. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

HI Alpha John

We are holding an investor meeting to discuss strategy this Wed in Cork. eamil me at diarmuidc20@hotmail.com if you would like to attend

14. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

To all Alpha Japan investors

I am an Alpha Japan private investor, we are holding an investor meeting to discuss strategy this Wed in Cork. email me at diarmuidc20@hotmail.com if you would like to attend. The FSO has provided us with the opportunity to attend an oral hearing to ajudicate on what was said at the initital sales meeting. This is our and your opportunity to have this resolved now.

15. blueskydelta

blueskydelta Guest

AIB Alpha Fund

Hi All..I also invested 100K Euros in the AIB Alpha fund and would be very interested in knowing how the meeting went. I received a letter from AIB saying it's dropped in value to 83K or so...I wasn't invited to any sales meeting..my accountant sent someone around to my workplace and I filled out all the paperwork there and then..a great investment he said..It seems like the money's lost now..it'll go to zero..they have sent on updates over the last few years but it all went over my head..anytime I ask my accountant about it..he doesn't really want to know..I thought I was alone..didn't know anything could be done..so it was great coming across this thread..any info appreciated..thanks

16. blueskydelta

blueskydelta Guest

17. hrm

hrm Guest

Hi can someone send me details of solicitor in cork also thank you.

18. gentastic

gentastic Guest

Can i get some info on the solicitor in Cork too please

Hi
    I am an investor in the fund also. Could I get the contact details for the solicitor in Cork.

Thanks in advance

19. thady quill

thady quill Guest

I invested in the alpha japan fund too and have got nowhere with AIB. I was put in touch with a solicitor in Cork who has made good progress for me. He has an expert witness who has prepared a good report outlining AIB's failings. I can email details to anyone if you want - paul_hennessy@live.co.uk

20. ABank

ABank Frequent Poster

Alpha Japan Burlington meeting

Do you know anyone who attended a meeting in the Burlington on the 14th March 2007 where details of the Alpha Japan Fund were presented?