AIB €2000 FTB gift

pmc123

Have a loan offer for property we're buying from one bank but thinking of switching to AIB for a number of reasons, including the 2k payout for FTB's. Don't laugh... but from what I see there are no big drawbacks to the offer. Has anyone taken them up on this and if so, how has it panned out?

I've asked AIB would we be tied into any agreement for any lengthy period and they say no. Switching in a year or so may be an option if needs be.

While I'm at it, am I right in my belief that it's not a good time to go for a fixed rate? I sense the banks will soon be taking off the gloves for mortgage business and a tracker or variable now looks eminently more attractive than it did when we bought the house last April.

I'm probably wrong but I thought the 2K ended on dec 31st?
I've found with AIB you really need to check and double check everything as their literature can be confusing and the standards seem to vary from branch to branch.

If your connection is slow or you haven't got Acrobat Reader.....
" The AIB €2,000 Cash Bonus offer for First Time Buyers has been extended until the 28th February 2007 in order to facilitate more First Time Buyers availing of the offer. Qualifying First Time Buyers now have until the 28th February 2007 to apply for and recieve full sanction. Customers must still draw down their mortgage before 31st December 2007 in order to cliam their €2,000 Cash Bonus "

AIB are terrible to deal with. I was offered a loan of x and when the paperwork came through it was for y. When I compained I was told that the branch was wrong to offer what they did-as AIB dont do this. Subsequently I also found this to be incorrect info. They suit themselves.

Thats funny I have my mortgage and do all of my banking with AIB and found everyone I've dealth with to be very good

Thats funny I have my mortgage and do all of my banking with AIB and found everyone I've dealth with to be very good

I also deal with AIB for banking/mortgage. Banking wise I find them very good. However in relation to mortgage rates, I find they change sporadically and often not in line with ECB rate changes. Very annoying. I've recently been thinking about fixing for 2 years and thought their rate of 4.78% was pretty competitive. All but decided to go with it when I found out that their rate was actually 4.99%.

I discussed this with branch manager and she mentioned that AIB are not very competitive with fixed mortgage rates, however she did mention that AIB will soon be launching a new tracker product to compete with NIB. Not sure if details are released yet but she said that rates would be ECB +0.45% of LTV < 50% and ECB +0.6% if LTV < 80%.

Has anyone actually got this cash payout? If so were there any T&Cs with it?

Have to agree with the sentiments about AIB and their clarity. I'd spoken to some guy on the phone about the mortgage and when I called in with the documentation yesterday he proceeded to deal with me at the front counter... and then added a list of paperwork I needed to proceed. All this after I asked for a definitive list of what i needed.

We didn't manage to get it out of them :(
We thought we would, but were then told our application was BEGUN before the 'apply for between' dates, even though it was approved & drawn down in the correct dates window.
I told them 'fine, start a new application for us then' so that we did comply and was told they could do this but it could take weeks to get through again. At this stage we needed to draw some down to make CoCo contribution and decided to just fire ahead and not try to get it as they seemed to be making the whole process very unwieldy.
Then the next letter we got had a typo that looked like they had charged us a years interest....it goes on, the left hand never seems to know what the right is doing....

Back