Affordable Housing - Property path latest draw

S

smokey

Hi,

I have a query I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. I have been drawn for the affordable housing in Kiltipper with property path. Myself and my partner have all the criteria except that for most of last year we were travelling so neither of us earned between €30000 and €56000 in the 2005 tax year in Ireland. However since we returned in October 2005 I have been earning in that scale (for over a year now) and my partner is on a good salary as well. We have gotten letters from our employer stating our salary and that we are permanent etc. We have a fairly high disposible income, €10000 savings etc but do you think that we would be refused because of the low earnings on our P45 from 2005 - if it had been another month or so and they wanted the 2006 P45 then we would not have this problem but at the moment I am a bit worried about this......

Cheers!

Apply for the shared ownership as you will be assessed on 2005 till the end of this year (cost €50 non refundable). While I'm sure the interest rate isn't very competitive at least it'll put your mind at ease. Have you approached a broker to see what they might say here ? You dont say when the houses are expected to be handed out so it probably will be the new year ?

congrats on being drawn out - very jealous as unfortunately i didn't win myself. i think the rules did mention the 2005 income and i know my sister's boyfriend was actually asked for proof of earnings when he tried to hand in his application (which i felt was a disgrace as those posting didn't have to provide proof). however, i would think that you should be okay once you can show you currently meet the criteria, as i'm sure they won't want to replay the draw or call on any people they may have had on any 'reserve' list. best of luck.

Back