Aer Lingus cancelled booking - what to do?

The National Comsumer Association (talking on Matt Cooper) have decided to champion the case of the people who have had there flights cancelled and have promised to issue legel proceedings if AL don't honour the flights.

Looks like AL are in a no win situation.

Looks like it's going to be on the Six One news too. Aer Lingus are still refusing to honour the bookings apparently.

I think JerJer was on the 6 o clock news

Maybe he will be on the 9 o clock too??

Welcome to AAM

In my opinion font size 3 is adequate to put your point across;)

It's important for people to put it across that we didnt get the whole return flight for 5 euro, thats what some people are believing, we paid for taxes and charges etc on top which brought it up to a much higher price than just 5 euro.

It really does boil down to the fact that I do believe people didnt realise that they were booking business class tickets, I know I didnt realise for a good while as the AL website always has the default as the economy flights. AL are arguing that it was an obvious error, yes for business class, but not for economy, and as people believed they were booking economy, that arguement can hardly stand surely?

Radio 1 covered the article brilliantly this afternoon I felt, previous to that It seemed to be a losing battle. There will be more tomorrow no doubt. COME ON THE CONSUMER AGENCY!

yeah it will be on RTE1 on tv at 9!

Well nothing new in that report!

Will be interesting to see if the NCA manages to get this meeting with Aer Lingus and if anything comes of it.

Danielle who was on RTE1 yesterday set up an email address for all the people who have been affected to try and get intouch with one voice.

[email protected]

So we could all get together and work out what's the best thing to do. RTE radio1 were just saying they would be surprised if AL don't make some sort of announcment this lunchtime...... fingers crossed.

If Aer Lingus are allowed to walk away from this, where does that leave consumer confidence in their main source of revenue i.e. their website?

From now on, at what point can ever passenger who books online be satisfied that they have a valid booking before proceeding with any other arrangements?

Do passengers now have to wait a day, a week to be sure that another mistake has not been made and that Aer Lingus will not cancel another booking because of it?

Should every passenger who makes a booking now have to go through another step in booking a flight and perhaps have to contact Aer Lingus by phone or in writing to ensure that the confirmation they have received by email is valid and will be honoured?

If a passenger books a flight for €50, can Aer Lingus cancel the booking saying the passenger should have known better because the price of that flight is normally €100?

Did anyone hear the Ray D'Arcy show this morning? I missed it and was just wondering if he had any explanation for how his 'expert' got this so wrong!

Interesting about those developers going to Mason Hayes & Curran.

Hopefully Aer Lingus will come out of hiding today and make an announcement.

Websites do this all the time. The only reason AL should honor them is the negative PR they are getting as a result.

aircobra legally they are obliged to honour them. They had no E&OE term in their T&C's. They should have known better. If you read back you'll see that other companies (Argos was mentioned a few pages back) do cover themselves for this situation.

Did anyone else hear that girl from Cork on Liveline? An Aer Lingus rep told her on the phone that it was a great deal and that she didn't think it was a mistake. If an Aer Lingus rep thought it was just a great introductory sale offer, how were we supposed to know it was a mistake?

Just heard the midday news and seems Noel Dempsey has decided to comment and called on Aer Lingus to honour the bookings.

BusyLizzy,

That mail address for Danielle does not seem to be working.

[broken link removed]

I don't see Conor explaining why he just rolled over online yesterday and accepted the rubbish Aer Lingus sold him?

Breaking news on RTE1, will be covered on Liveline:

Aer Lingus are going to offer all affected customers seats in economy class.

YES!

People power is great. Just heard that Aer Lingus has giving in. They are giving economy flights to all who had booked the so called cheap flights. Hope ye all enjoy your trips to USA.

Pity they didn't offer this from the start of the debacle. I wasn't affected by it but the hassle they've caused those who were has put me off booking with them in the future.

Back