Advice Urgently Needed

H

homeless2yrs

Hi all,
I am in what my solicitor has deemed a hopeless situation and need desperately need advice from anyone who is been in a similar situation.

I was in a relationship that ended over two years ago.

We had bought and were living in a house together but upon breaking up I moved out.

In the two years following this I have made every attempt to buy my ex partner out of the proptery, allow her to buy me out or put the house up on the market and split money 50 - 50.

A few months back she agreed to allow me to buy her out and I was willing to give her half her share plus an extra 20k for works done to house.

All was going fine until she suddenly stopped responding to calls and letters from her own solicitor. She is now totally uncontactable and her solicitor contacted my solicitor to see if I could call to house and see what the problem is (strange I know).

The mortgage is being paid half and half by me and my ex.

My solicitor has advised me against doing this and has given me two options:

(A) Bring the matter to Court (all well and good but I do not have the money to do this) or

(B) Pay my solicitors fee and pull out of house with the risk of being blacklisted.

Neither of these two options appeal much to me as I will lose out big time on both. My ex has promised me the sun moon and stars the whole way through this but never follows through.

If anyone can give me advice or suggest a plausible option C I would be most grateful.

Thanks

I would be very concerned that she is not even communic.ating with her own lawyer. Her actions are speaking louder than words. Sounds like she is in denial and avoiding the whole issue as a coping mechanism. I would initiate court proceedings to send her a very clear message. This may budge her to re enter the communication process again. Most court proceedings never end up in court and so would save you massive legal fees. Are you on friendly terms with any of her friends or family who could have a word with her? Is it possible she is having mental health issues?

Hi leafs,

Thanks for the reply.

I have threatened court proceedings before and her reactoin was "fine go ahead".
I could not approach her family as I'm not even sure they are aware that we are in negotiatoins. I used to get on well with them but in light of the break up they may not be very approachable.
About one year ago she contacted me and told me she was attending an outpatients clinic for depression but since then I have heard no more.
I visit the house about once every month and was there two weeks ago - there seems to be almost several weeks post lying opened in the hall - my solicitors letters accounting for about five of them.
I am at my wits end with her but am afraid to contact her in person in case she claims that I am harassing her.
I cannot get a new mortgage on my own as long as this house is there and by the looks of things this will never be over.

are you sure she's even in the house.
maybe she's gone away for a while esp if she's suffering from depression

Is it possible she is having mental health issues?

:confused:

Sounds like she's just doing what, sadly, many parties do after a relationship has broken up, playing silly buggers over the splitting up of the property they once shared. Nothing to do with mental health, just human nature, male or female.

Sadly you don't have too many options. I assume your solicitor has mentioned mediation to you- obviously mediation needs the voluntary involvement of both parties.

If you cannot otherwise come to an agreement then a court application is the only way.

It's not a "family home" as such, and i'll presume you've done nothing dodgy in the breakup ie. court orders.Why can't you move back in and buy her out ?

Back