Health Insurance advice on renewal 1 adult 4 children

poppy265

Hi

I'm looking for advice on policy renewal is up now this month ... current details are as follows

1 adult flex 250 explore .... 854.20
4 children essential connect family 192.00 each

I'm not sure if there is another package put there I struggle to pay this and don't really want to cancel it ... I don't mind if there are no outpatient claims like doctor visits but would like to have the hospital cover should anything need to be covered. Children are ages 10,7,5,2 and I'm a 35 non smoker in good health have always managed to keep the health insurance but costs keep rising and I always seem to have to downgrade my policy every renewal.

Any advice would be great thanks x

Hi sorry about delay in reply ... renewal is sept 1st ... so my current policy ends 31st Aug

Thanks

Hi poppy365,

It just so happens that Laya have an offer for children, from 1st September 2015, on plan Essential Connect Health. You pay for the first child,
268 euro and the rest of the children go free.
[broken link removed]

Regarding your own plan, there is also a slight improvement on Flex 250 Explore from 1st September 2015, day case excess is changed from 250 to 100 per visit.
The only alternative options to this plan are by increasing the inpatient excess amount to 500. Laya Flex 500 Explore price 661pa(price from Sep 1) Just to note the day case excess amount for this plan changes from 500 to 150 per day case visit. This may or may not suit due to the 500 inpatient excess. But all 3 levels of hospital cover is included - public, private and hi-tech.
Alternatively, if you didn't mind dropping hi-tech cover, Laya Advantage 250 Explore price 677pa (price from Sep 1) is worth considering. Note, the
day case excess amount for this plan changes from 250 to 100 per day case visit. This plan includes public and private hospital cover.
Otherwise, Flex 250 Explore is a good plan.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back