Advice needed re dispute with neighbour over boundary.

buzzment

Hi
I bought my house 8 months ago, the back garden is 200ft long. I am getting the garden cleaned and a new lawn at the moment, its in very bad condition.

There is a 6ft fence between me and neighbour and there is a broken railings on my side. I removed the railings as its in bits however the neighbour lifted his fence and came into my garden and put up steel bars where he said railings were. He cemented them in. I just caught him in garden as he was doing it, I couldn't believe it and told him he was trespassing but some of poles were already up. He said that was the original boundary and I have to leave the pole there to mark it. There is about 3 inches between his fence and the railings.

He has also built his shed at the very back of his garden a long time ago and he says 3 inches from the shed wall is his land but its in our garden. He is telling us now that he is putting pipes down on his 3 inches which is in our garden. We think he should have put his fence and shed on the boundary line in the first place and there wouldn't be this mess.

I might add that he did all this years ago before we even lived here! We just want to know can we take the poles away and if he is putting pipes down can he come into our garden to do it as he would not be able to do it from his side as his shed is there.

P.S. This person is very stubborn.

If your neighbour has built on any of your property and has had 12 years uninterrupted use of same he has adverse possessionary title.i.e.squatters rights.
He cannot go into your garden without your permission.

I suggest to meet your neighbour and discuss the issues in a reasonable manner if at all possible

Back