Advice needed on winding up non trading company

Ballina

I formed a Company 3 years ago to develop and hopefully sell Fibreglass Headstones, which I had great hopes for. It took a lot of my own money spent on R&D to bring them to a marketable product. Fortunately, I registered for VAT and was able to claim VAT refunds on the manufacture of moulds, materials and research contractors. I also received some grants and qualified for the EIIS. I had been working fulltime under PAYE so had quite a bit of tax refunded to me.
The bottom line is that my proposed route to market through the Funeral Directors didnt materialise and I ran out of money to advertise to the public to the degree needed.
So even though I had no sales, I more or less broke even thanks to the Tax Refunds and the grants. I closed the business bank account a few months ago as it was empty and costing me in fees. My accounts are up to date with the CRO and I file Nil VAT returns every two months.
I never made a profit and without the EIIS and VAT Refunds would have been seriously out of pocket. How can I wind this Company up with the least possible hassle please?

Ballina

If you are up to date with your CRO Filings and Revenue Returns , you may seek a voluntary strike off. Do you know how to do this ?

Thanks for your reply osheamanning. I dont know how to do it though. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back