Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Ok, so I started early July I think. Advanzia have now responded to my query (asking would they maintain my 3.25% rate which was in force when i opened the account) and stated:

"The special interest rate will still be valid until the 31/12/2023. As of 01/01/2024 you will get the standard interest rate (currently at 1,61%)."

So that's me out of Advanzia now anyway! I had moved Bunq funds a while back to PTSB fixed, but will now put Advanzia into Bunq at 2.46%, not sure I currently have the energy to start opening Credit Agricole, hopefully it will return in new year.

I did respond to Advanzia saying it was disappointing, but that they would likely be disappointed shortly when everyone starts withdrawing haha.

I wonder if you re-lodged in the new year would they treat you as new, probably not unless you formally closed the account you have now...

Ok, so I started early July I think. Advanzia have now responded to my query (asking would they maintain my 3.25% rate which was in force when i opened the account) and stated:

"The special interest rate will still be valid until the 31/12/2023. As of 01/01/2024 you will get the standard interest rate (currently at 1,61%)."

So that's me out of Advanzia now anyway! I had moved Bunq funds a while back to PTSB fixed, but will now put Advanzia into Bunq at 2.46%, not sure I currently have the energy to start opening Credit Agricole, hopefully it will return in new year.

I did respond to Advanzia saying it was disappointing, but that they would likely be disappointed shortly when everyone starts withdrawing haha.

I wonder if you re-lodged in the new year would they treat you as new, probably not unless you formally closed the account you have now...
@podgerodge do you intend to leave the money with Advanzia until the very last day of 3.25% interest and then move it on the first day of 1.61% interest? Or will you move it a few days in advance so that it never drops as low as 1.61%

@PoundMan probably taking half it out to top up Bunq at 2.46% but at my limit there then for guarantee purposes.
Will leave the rest at 1.6% in Advanzia until the new year, while I figure things out, don't want to put more into fixed term.

FYI, withdrawal from Advanzia was done same day value, very easy, to the reference account.
Wow, I set up account application Dec 18th. Had a reply on December. 22nd I forwarded documents on Dec 23rd to the correct ID email and have heard nothing since. Have left a voice message and 3 forward emails. Fingers crossed - I'll hold out a few more days.

Thanks for posting the new Advanzia Bank rate. I have updated the best buys.

I funded my account in mid July 2023. Advanzia have told me that the intro-rate applies until 31 January 2024. i.e. the end of the 6th month.

Let us know how you get on with trying to open a new account again. I will do the same in Feb if it works.

Thanks for posting the new Advanzia Bank rate. I have updated the best buys.

I funded my account in mid July 2023. Advanzia have told me that the intro-rate applies until 31 January 2024. i.e. the end of the 6th month.

Let us know how you get on with trying to open a new account again. I will do the same in Feb if it works.
As great as the rate is is it worth the hassle for 3 months

FYI, withdrawal from Advanzia was done same day value, very easy, to the reference account.
@podgerodge roughly how long did it take to reach your reference account? I'm in the same boat as @Lightning in that I too signed up for 3.4% interest in mid-July 2023 so I'm trying to leave the funds in Advanzia as long as possible before the 1.66% interest rate takes effect on 1st February 2024. I would need to transfer it from Advanzia to my N26 current account, and then immediately transfer it to my LightYear account at 3.25% interest. Perhaps this is overkill but my logic was to try to minimize the number of days that my savings were earning low interest.

Folks I've literally just got an email titled 'Good news about your Advanzia deposit account! (0124)' from Advanzia, stating that they are "extending the current exclusive offer until 30/04/2024 and increasing the interest rate to 4.13% eff. p.a as of 01/02/2024." Did anyone else get this email?

Last edited:
Folks I've literally just got an email from Advanzia stating that they are "extending the current exclusive offer until 30/04/2024 and increasing the interest rate to 4.13% eff. p.a as of 01/02/2024." Did anyone else get this email?

You beat me to it, I was just about to post the same. I got the same email. Great news!

You beat me to it, I was just about to post the same. I got the same email. Great news!
I wonder if it's now worth shifting my €50k out of Trade Republic and into Advanzia for those 3 months or would the 0.13% interest gain even be worth the hassle.

Folks I've literally just got an email titled 'Good news about your Advanzia deposit account! (0124)' from Advanzia, stating that they are "extending the current exclusive offer until 30/04/2024 and increasing the interest rate to 4.13% eff. p.a as of 01/02/2024." Did anyone else get this email?
What if you weren't on the 4.13% rate? My 3.??% rate expired towards the end of 2023 when my 6 months was up. I did get the email but are they likely to honour the 4.13% rate?

Back