Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Did you try their old portal (which still works until 29 March).

Their new portal is in "preview" mode.

Maybe - transfers only work with their old portal until 29 March and then switch to their new portal - perhaps.
No, I did not try the old portal as I only registered on the new one. Will give it a go. Thanks.

They've extended their 3.97% offer until 30 April. But where is this new portal? The website looks the same to me.

Anyone else get this email from Advanzia today?

"From 01/05/2024, you will benefit from an attractive interest rate for a further 4 months, which is far above our standard interest rate. We guarantee you our special interest rate of 3.97% eff. p.a. (3.90% nom. p.a.) up to and including 31/08/2024.

This means that your entire balance will earn interest at the new rate from 01/05/2024.

The new interest rate will be reflected on your next statement."

Anyone else get this email from Advanzia today?

"From 01/05/2024, you will benefit from an attractive interest rate for a further 4 months, which is far above our standard interest rate. We guarantee you our special interest rate of 3.97% eff. p.a. (3.90% nom. p.a.) up to and including 31/08/2024.

This means that your entire balance will earn interest at the new rate from 01/05/2024.

The new interest rate will be reflected on your next statement."
I had a long day at work, but had just copied this, and rushed over here all delighted to share the good news. Great to have the hassle pushed out a few more months.

I had a long day at work, but had just copied this, and rushed over here all delighted to share the good news. Great to have the hassle pushed out a few more months.
I managed to get in touch with the customer help desk - they said if I didn't receive the email , then your interest rate stays at 2.1/2.2% So I guess it's time to move the cash. Oh well....

Best, Opus 2018.

Has anyone withdrawn money on the new portal yet? It's all in German; what do you do to do the withdrawal?

Has anyone withdrawn money on the new portal yet? It's all in German; what do you do to do the withdrawal?
Click on "Auszahlung" in the top part of the page.

On the next screen choose the account you want to send the money to (an) from the accounts offered (only those accounts you used to send money to advanzia are allowed).

Put the amount into "Betrag" and click on "Fortsetzen".

On the next page "Überprüfen und Senden" click on "Senden" if the details are correct.

Depending on the amount you might get prompted to enter an "Einmalpassword" that is sent to your mobile phone.

Hopefully soon they also offer the banking in other languages.

Mail today that latest on 30 June they will report my information to the Tax Authorities in Luxembourg (nothing unusual, it's expected).

They will include the usual personal information including the amount of interest earned over the past reporting period.

They will report on the IBAN, the current account balance and interest earned.

They will report your Sex, Title, First and Lastname, Country, Full address, Citizenship declared, Job you provided, e-mail, date and place of birth (also Country), phone numbers provided (land line and mobile), Tax Country and Tax Identification number.

At least they give real details not like other which just say they will share data.

Click on "Auszahlung" in the top part of the page.

On the next screen choose the account you want to send the money to (an) from the accounts offered (only those accounts you used to send money to advanzia are allowed).

Put the amount into "Betrag" and click on "Fortsetzen".

On the next page "Überprüfen und Senden" click on "Senden" if the details are correct.

Depending on the amount you might get prompted to enter an "Einmalpassword" that is sent to your mobile phone.

Hopefully soon they also offer the banking in other languages.

I clicked on Auszahlung which brought me through to the next screen. This screen did not give me the option of any account to transfer to. It did say on the screen:

Leider ist noch kein Referenzkonto hinterlegt. Bitte kontaktieren Sie unseren Kundenservice.
This translates as contact customer service so I sent them an email on Sunday but have had no reply. Does anyone know what the normal turnaround time is?

I clicked on Auszahlung which brought me through to the next screen. This screen did not give me the option of any account to transfer to. It did say on the screen:

Leider ist noch kein Referenzkonto hinterlegt. Bitte kontaktieren Sie unseren Kundenservice.
This translates as contact customer service so I sent them an email on Sunday but have had no reply. Does anyone know what the normal turnaround time is?

When did you make your last payment into the Advanzia account?

There should be a drop-down list of the reference accounts that you used to pay money into the Advanzia savings account from.

You could pay a small amount from your reference account into the Advanzia savings account, and the account number should show there as soon as they receive the funds.

It might be that they lost the reference account details in the transfer to the new system.

When did you make your last payment into the Advanzia account?

There should be a drop-down list of the reference accounts that you used to pay money into the Advanzia savings account from.

You could pay a small amount from your reference account into the Advanzia savings account, and the account number should show there as soon as they receive the funds.

It might be that they lost the reference account details in the transfer to the new system.
Thanks for this. I did a Swift transfer in the branch as it was for 100k so they may have lost the reference account details alright. I did it last July. Very clever idea for me to transfer a small amount of money; that should work I imagine. Thanks again.

I tried to withdraw a small amount to my reference account today, several times between 8:30 and 11:00. Each time an error message came up, saying (translated): "The payment could not be processed. Please try again later." No explanation as to WHY it could not be processed. I have contacted customer support and am waiting for a reply. - Edit: this was on the new website. I have not registered for the old one. First attempt at withdrawing anything.

Last edited:
I tried to withdraw a small amount to my reference account today, several times between 8:30 and 11:00. Each time an error message came up, saying (translated): "The payment could not be processed. Please try again later." No explanation as to WHY it could not be processed. I have contacted customer support and am waiting for a reply. - Edit: this was on the new website. I have not registered for the old one. First attempt at withdrawing anything.
The new portal says coming soon (or words to that effect) and the link points to the "preview" URL. I'd suggest you register for the current/old portal if you need to withdraw funds.

Back